He demonstrates this in the Lazer Field scene in. On the less positive side, the French operate more out of inertia, slowly, and have difficulty adapting to changes.”. What do you think about the boycotting of artists or works of art because of artists’ behavior? Lesieur plays Bruno’s oldest student, Joseph, who is trying to fit in at his job in a washing machine factory. When I was there, it made me realize how French and European I am. Follows a century in the lives of the Knieps, an Austrian family of circus owners. Daoud, his Muslim partner, feels the same way. I’m without a religion. But I hope that we never reach the level of the United States, because I find the lifestyle of Americans simply unbearable. Bruno is a character who is all kindness, personal charm, determination and humor, and he takes his place in a long line of characters who are exemplary, anti-establishment educators, from Janusz Korczak to Mark Thackeray, the teacher played by Sidney Poitier in “To Sir With Love.”. Shaming, for example, is very normal in the U.S. |  Before the terror attack on the Twin Towers, the Jewish and Muslim communities there lived together in peace. Despite this, people can still cooperate with one another. The films that he prefers from his own career are, ", Is good at Brazilian martial art, "Capoeira". You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. And it was very chaotic, very creative and constantly surprising.”, This is the moment when an actor would usually talk about how he was completely enchanted with the autistic children and decided from now on to devote a big chunk of his time to helping them. Waiting for the directors cut. To escape, he must accept one last job involving Spain, drugs, the Illuminati and his overbearing mother. His biographer tries to solve the case. - IMDb Mini Biography By: “If we start to boycott all the people whose behavior isn’t perfect, there will be a lot of artists whose work we won’t get to experience. There is racism, yes, I don’t deny that, but I don’t think it’s the only or the primary trait of France.”, At the same time, Cassel explains that France is grappling with historic issues it hasn’t been able to resolve. Then the success of The crimson rivers, where he plays a young French cop alongside Jean Reno, made of him "the man to count on." He couldn’t care less what religion the other people around him believe in. The GIGN is sent on the spot. Just a minority. But all that is not worth it. Get email notification for articles from Shany Littman Follow. Directed by Victor Bonnefoy. His everyday life is divided between... See full summary ». We’re stuck in place. To him, a child is a child. I could feel that what this man does has a powerful effect on people. 1 in the 1970s. “I think there is less racism in France than in America, for instance. “Autistic people of different types participated in the movie, from those with whom you can easily have a conversation to those who don’t speak at all. Most of us are angry. This veracity in his play comes from the fact that he was in fact since years in connection with many hip-hop artists from the rising generation, (his own brother was leader of a legendary french rap group). Publicity Listings Vincent Cassel at the Venice Biennale 2019. Under the reign of Napoleon, François Vidocq, the only man who escaped from the greatest penal colony of the country, is a legend of the low-Parisian fund. The Emperor of Paris Often labeled as a tough guy because of his roles, eclectic choices and talent have made of him a star of European cinema. Olivier Nakache, left, and Eric Toledano, directors of 'The Specials,' at the Cannes Film Festival. Left for dead after his last spectacular escape, the ex-penal colony prisoner tries to make him forget under the traits of a single trader. If France was so racist, I don’t think the most beloved people there would be the children of immigrants from different places. When you arrive on the set, you are given a page of instructions that says that if you witness any improper behavior, you are to report it. France isn’t perfect, but I think people are still finding the way to live together.”, In general, Cassel says, racism in France today is no worse than in other places in the world and the attempt to give his country a bad name in this context makes him mad. You are able to see things in a practical and pragmatic way and to maintain an emotional distance. Hugo Van Herpe. I only played the role, but this effect was projected onto me too.”. A thief turned investigator, he was working on a case of men killed by lightning. Vincent Cassel at the Venice Biennale 2019. Under the reign of Napoleon, François Vidocq, the only man who escaped from the greatest penal colony of the country, is a legend of the low-Parisian fund. After the attack, things became harder. Published on 06.02.2020. Known for his gangster roles, Cassel plays a good-hearted, observant Jew in ‘The Specials.’ He talks about working with autistic actors, the state of Jewish-Muslim relations in France and why he opposes boycotting artists like Roman Polanski. With Victor Bonnefoy, Vincent Cassel. The story of the meeting of two people who never should have met. He decided to become an actor at fifteen years of age. To this day, the wealthy here are the descendants of the Portuguese and the poorest families are of African descent. I don’t know what was going on in the heads of Freud or Céline or Gauguin or Dostoevsky. I like going there to work, but I wouldn’t want to live there. But actually, in Brazil, the blacker you are, the poorer you are. It was like a staged improvisation. It’s always interesting to discover that people have different personalities in different languages. [2008]. 'There is racism, yes, I don’t deny that, but I don’t think it’s the only or the primary trait of France.' Under the reign of Napoleon, François Vidocq, the only man who escaped from the greatest penal colony of the country, is a legend of the low-Parisian fund. I don’t feel comfortable there at all. The idea is to do, to act, and not to cry about it. Shany Littman. Once enrolled in circus school at the age of 17 before starting up in TV and films. He founded Silence des Justes, a socio-medical network that cares for severely autistic children. If we start to scrutinize the private life of each one of them on moral aspects, and judge their work on that basis, it will be very complicated. The day after I had my licence to drive I made Paris/Nice at 230 km/hour. In America, relations within the movie world are much more structured and defined. For years in France we tried to hide the skeletons in the closet and the result is this crisis. | Photo: Getty Images. [breaks off, then laughs] Maybe one day I'll play Buddha. They both look beyond the faith that they believe in. There are stations that shamelessly promote this shitty climate. In scenes with Benjamin, at first the two directors gave us instructions. Published on 06.02.2020. So I guess, you know, when I read so-called baddies, I think they're more human than heroes most of the time. I guess it's the closest thing I can do to reality: people act nice but nobody really is nice. Vincent and Tina welcomed their first child, daughter Amazonie, on April 20, 2019. If you look at who are the most popular and beloved figures in France in the last few years, you see that it’s people like Omar Sy (the actor of Muslim African descent who won a Cesar for his role in “The Intouchables”), Dany Boon (a movie star who was born Muslim and converted) and Yannick Noah (the tennis star whose family is originally from Cameroon). I’m an actor, which means that I’m one hundred percent interested in the subject because it’s what I’m doing right now. Gaumont Signs Five-Year Deal With Under The Milky Way, Tsf Recreates Paris on Former Air Base for Movie and TV Shoots, Complexity of the characters by Anne-Katrin Titze. ', Vincent Cassel, left, and Reda Kateb in 'The Specials. In France it’s the same. The racism in France derives in large part from ignorance and fear, for which the media bears a significant share of the responsibility. Cassel says at first he was wary about how the encounter with the autistic people involved in the movie would affect him on the set. Which means that I essentially believe in God in a certain sense, but I’m not Catholic or Jewish or Muslim. But then I understood that when you work with this world, the emotions calm down. Left for dead after his last ... 0 of 0 people found this review helpful. The atmosphere is much more rigid and hierarchical. My father is best known for his light comedies, and I'm best known for crazy bad guys with short tempers. Has his look-alike puppet in the French show. Blue-eyed Vincent Cassel was born in Paris to a leading actor father, Jean-Pierre Cassel, and a journalist mother, Sabine Litique. In France we’re now grappling with a severe identity crisis and it seems that many young people, the children of immigrants, want to build a different identity for themselves, one that is separate from the French identity. Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. Movie Stars Who've Never Been Nominated for an Oscar - Part II. But when I met Stéphane I saw that there are people who are total good heroes. “I’m speaking to you now from Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. I always liked to disguise myself because I was trying to run away from his image. When he was a little boy, he had a dog called Ici (French for "Here"). It’s a neighborhood of Mizrahi Jews who came from Tunisia and of Muslims from Africa and North Africa. |  “In France, things happen more slowly and the traditions are stronger. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. I live in the Belleville section of Paris, which is a very mixed neighborhood. There are tensions, but not everyone is affected by them. I didn’t know how to act, because I was very emotional. But when we switched to French, he really allowed himself to open up. After 30 hours of tension, a rescue operation is organized. And in France, too, the atmosphere between the religions is not exactly conciliatory. Cassel, who has worked in America for years, speaks very good English. Published on 06.02.2020. It’s hard to remain indifferent to the utopia of interreligious brotherhood depicted in it, to the empowering brotherhood of the ostracized, especially when you learn that the plot and main characters are based on a true story and that some of the actors who appear in the movie are in fact autistic. With Vincent Cassel, Patrick Chesnais, August Diehl, Olga Kurylenko. I began my telephone interview with actor Vincent Cassel in English, due to some insecurity on my part, but after just a few questions I suggested that we switch to French, his mother tongue. Most of the immigration to France came from Algeria, which was a French colony. This FAQ is empty. I didn’t really witness sexism in working on movies, I didn’t feel it. Official Sites, Often plays short-tempered, mentally-unbalanced characters, His often hunched tall frame, which is surprisingly flexible, Did the voice of Diego in the French version of, His collaboration with writer/director/actor. To me, a beautiful aspect of this film is the way it gives religion its appropriate place and doesn’t make a big deal out of it. For professional reasons, Vincent lives mostly in Paris while his Italian-born wife, His nose got broken while filming a fight scene in, Learned conversational Russian in a matter of two months, for playing the Russian character "Kirill" in, Attended Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil with his wife, 'Monica Bellucci'. Paris, 1830: Vidocq is killed by a mirror masked man. Now that I've done it, I would say, "make love for the last time hoping that it is my wife who is at my side.". You can't escape from what you are. So during the filming I gave him the directors’ instructions. The director Eric Toledano said something to me that I thought was quite beautiful: “When you’re caring for someone, God is present.” I’m totally secular myself, and I have a tremendous respect for life. Malik recruits youths from the slums, some of them the children of immigrants, to work as tutors for the kids. As long as we go on talking in these terms, nothing will change. Such could be said of his portrayal of Kirill, son of the Russian mafia boss in London, in David Cronenberg’s “Eastern Promises”; of Yann Le Petrec, the brutal bank robber in the French hit movie “Dobermann”; of “The Night Fox” Francois Toulour, the brilliant thief in “Ocean’s Twelve” and “Ocean’s Thirteen”; and of course, of Marcus in Gaspar Noé’s successful and hard-to-watch film, “Irréversible,” in which Cassel acted alongside Monica Belluci, his former wife and the mother of two of his three daughters. 4 ever vinz, Other Works There’s a commitment to shaming, which is akin to informing on someone. I feel like the so-called bad guys are never totally bad. But afterwards life will take me somewhere else.”. 1 in France. I realized the more I changed my face for films, the more I looked like him. They missed the boat on John Waters' trash trawler. The film, “The Specials,” which comes out in Israel this week, though not an artistically breathtaking work, poignantly depicts the struggle of the autistic children and their families. Left for dead after his last spectacular escape, the ex-penal colony prisoner tries to make him forget under the traits of a single trader. Not long ago there was heated discussion surrounding Roman Polanski’s film “An Officer and a Spy,” and there were calls to boycott it because of his rape conviction in the U.S. and allegations that he committed other acts of sexual assault. In February 1976 in Djibouti, a school bus was taken hostage at the Somali border. (as Jérôme Pouly de la Comédie Française). After the movie came out in France, people came up to me in the street and thanked me, as if I were Jesus or some biblical figure. The story of the notorious French gangster Jacques Mesrine, with the focus on his life before the early 1970s and the events that led to him being declared Public Enemy No. Cassel doesn’t fall into this trap. “You know, I wish I could tell you that I’ll stay in touch with them, but I know myself. He never hid his taste for rap music, break dance, Capoeira, Brasil and his endless energy, but Vincent is also a family man, married to Monica Bellucci, his Italian co-star from The Apartment (1996) (aka The Apartment); and recently a father. The blacks are the descendants of the slaves who were brought here by the Portuguese settlers. Under the reign of Napoleon, François Vidocq, the only man who escaped from the greatest penal colony of the country, is a legend of the low-Parisian fund. Not everyone is Islamophobic and not everyone is anti-Semitic. It’s important to remember that. But in the new film by Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, the French directing duo that broke hearts and Israeli box office records a few years ago with their film “The Intouchables,” Cassel plays a middle-aged Frenchman, an observant Jew by the name of Bruno Haroche, who devotes his life to caring for autistic children who are so low-functioning that, aside from closed psychiatric wards, the system has nothing to offer them and their desperate parents. Add the first question. We have to talk about our past in an honest way, and everyone must acknowledge his responsibility.”. Good movie, wel performed And shot. How do you experience the differences between the two industries, particularly in the context of the #MeToo movement, which lately, a bit behind the rest of the world, is being taken more seriously in France too? In France, though, especially since World War II and the trauma of people being informed on and turned in, it has a very negative connotation.”, Cassel makes it clear that he does not prefer the American way. At a certain point, I said to them, ‘stop speaking to him. 'I’m not Catholic or Jewish or Muslim. I’m the one who has to tell him how to behave, otherwise we’ll never get anywhere. “Stéphane lives his religion in a very personal way. Check out our recommendations to stream this month. Even now, schoolchildren are taught that colonialism was an institution that made life better for its subjects. Monica Bellucci at the photocall for "The Best Years of a Life (Les Plus Belles Annees D'Une Vie)" during the 72nd annual Cannes Film Festival on May 19, 2019.

Role D'un Papa, Vaugneray Clinique, Saint-léger Lac De Conchibois, Dégrader Synonyme, C'est Toi Ma Maman Paroles, Quartier Wilson Nice, Logement Social Villeurbanne, Résinence Salle De Bain, Jedidiah Goodacre Film, Imen Es Je T'aime En Silence écouter, Délai Acheminement Passeport, Spider-man: Homecoming Netflix Country, Citation Pour Dire Adieu à Son Amour, Crème Andalou, Quartier De Narbonne A éviter, Quartier Gare Clermont-ferrand, Le Quotidien D'oran, Caster 2m En Direct, Journaliste Cnews Femme, Joueur Poker En Ligne, Vaise Fusillade, Buster Keaton Musique, Arboretum Maine-et-loire, Papa Tu Es Parti Trop Tôt, Arènes De Doué-la-fontaine, Rob Hopkins Manuel De Transition Pdf, Chambre Avec Jacuzzi Privatif Loiret, Randonnée Trèves, Kungs Net Worth, Sortir Ce Week-end 44, Appartement Krutenau, Je Te Donne - Traduction Anglais, Zombi Dupont Paroles, La Une Des Magazines Peoples, Etre Malade D'amour, Mairie Lyon 7 Masques, Office De Tourisme Nancy Recrutement, N'oubliez Pas Les Paroles Maureen, Accident Villefranche Sur Saone Aujourd'hui, Gambi Colombien, Expositions à Aix-en-provence 2020, France Annecy 1971, Saint-priest Restaurant, Louane Piano Pdf, Shy'm En Couple Avec Tanel Derard, Le Patriote Beaujolais Décès, Igor Tikovoï Nubia Esteban, Le Consentement Livre Pdf, Rue Tuliballes Angers, Météo Satellite Afrique Du Nord, Les Reines Du Shopping 2020, Et Après Confinement, Christophe Barbier Et Sa Femme, Tour Du Lac De Maine Km, Guinée Matin, L'ile De La Tentation Saison 10, Inscription Koh-lanta Saison 2022, Tout Est Possible à Dieu Verset, Télécharger France 24 Tv En Direct, Geostorm Streaming Netflix, équipe Actu, Hallelujah Piano Chords, Lyon Chassieu Transport, Pointe Du Croisic, Mairie Saint Genis Laval Carte D'identité, La Tour De Salvagny Transport, Agathe Auproux Kylian Mbappé, Maison Du Monde Part-dieu, Angèle Salentino Instagram, Cherry Seaborn Wikipedia, Ma Maman Anthony Browne Pdf,